Mary and Terry welcome you to their shop Old Town Hall Antiques opened in 1986. On display are two floors of English furniture and decorative items from the 18th to the mid 20th centuries. We have a large workshop on the premises where ‘Old Terry' and ‘Young Garry' ensure that all furniture is fit for the home and sensitively restored where necessary. We also have a store near the shop. Falmouth's Old Town Hall stands at the brow of old High Street, the original gateway to the town for those approaching from Greenbank.
Built as a chapel in classic Queen Anne style it was gifted to the Corporation in 1715 by the powerful Killigrew family. Over the next two centuries it was the hub of civic life in Falmouth, serving as a court house and a guildhall. Napoleonic prisoners of war laboured here, felons were transported to the Colonies from here and in 1884 two hapless ship-wrecked sailors became the last men in England to be tried for cannibalism.
Reviews and Ratings
We do not have any reviews about Old Town Hall Antiques available right now.